With the Hurricanes' 2018 season over, it's time to look at next year's squad. Who will stay, who will go and who will or should join the team in 2019?
- Below, I've started with the 2018 Hurricanes squad that was named on 1 Nov 2017;
- In italics, I have added the players that also played for the Hurricanes in 2018, despite not being named in the initial squad;
- Between brackets are the number of games played this season (stats: Fox Sports);
- In bold are the players of which I know for sure that they are signed through to next season (obviously, this list may/will not be complete because the duration of contracts isn't always published. Some signings aren't even published);
- Strikethrough: players, who are known to be leaving.
Some of the questions now are:
- In which positions do the Hurricanes need to recruit more players.
- Who of the players of the initial 2018 squad would you like to see signed for 2019 (or longer)?
- Who of the players that played in 2018, but weren't in the initial squad, would you like to see signed for 2019 (or longer)?
- Which other player, who hasn't played for the Hurricanes in 2018, would be on your wish list?
- Which player, who hasn't been signed yet, but played for the Hurricanes in 2018, don't you want to be signed?
Goodes - retired
Smith (T) (13)
Aumua (A) (4)
Fatialofa (16) to Worcester Warriors
(Cridge not in squad due to injury, but under contract)
^signed for 2019: Mitchell (Liam)
Savea (A) (10)
Shields (17) to Wasps
Thomson (12) to Scarlets
^signed for 2019: Flanders
^signed for 2019: Kirifi
Barrett (B) (16)
West (14) to La Rochelle
^signed for 2019: Marshall (J)
Barrett (J) (16)
^signed for 2019: Billy Proctor
Savea (J) (17) to Toulon
Umaga-Jensen (P) (1)